- Ensure efficient functioning of the project in order to i) achieve the objectives, ii) complete the milestones in time and iii) to deliver the deliverables.
- Make sure that the infrastructure’s contractual duties are carried out. Support and strengthen the participants to comply with the EU regulations and their contractual and legal requirements. Abide by the "good practice" of resources management as presented in the Financial Guidelines.
- Set-up an effective communication infrastructure and foster the integrative process within the consortium.
- Manage the processes for the capture and protection of intellectual property, including confidential information, copyright, design rights and patents properly.
- Manage transnational access activities, mainly including calls-for-proposals and supporting the Steering Committee as well as the PIs who are responsible for organising the transnational access activities (Ivo Gut (PCB), Jörg Hager (CEA-CNG). It should be noted that in the last years the management activities, have been undertaken routinely at a national level at the participating sequencing and genotyping centres. A principal issue that required to be addressed is to harness this experience on a European-wide basis.
Dr. Andre Durudas GABO:milliarium mbH & Co. KG (DE)